Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ouch

I was talking to someone the other day about shows coming through. They were a lot more positive and interested in what was coming through than I was --which isn't hard. I'm hopeful people, but I'm not seeing anything to get really excited about. Anyway, in situations like that, I ask what they like, what's coming down the pipe they really want to see. I listen to what other people are listening to. It's one of the best ways to grow.

It turns out they were pretty excited about Booker T and The MGs coming to play at FestivALL. He saw Booker T by himself a couple of years ago at WVSU.

I thought he had to be mistaken, so I looked it up in the archives.

Yup, it happened. September 29, 2006. Tickets were $10.

He told me it was a good show --for the twenty or so people who came.

Tickets for the show at the Clay Center range from $21.50 to $41.50 --plus you figure a $2.50 service charge and another $4 for parking.

Parking would not have been a problem at the WVSU show.

Of course, the show at the Clay Center has the MGs, plus Eddie Floyd. Booker T has a new album out, which was recorded with Neil Young and The Drive By Truckers --not the MGs. Neither Neil Young or The Drive By Truckers are expected to be at the show, though he is taking the DBTs with him to Bonnaroo and other places.

Just a thought, but I'm not so sure the MGs would be playing the stuff from Booker T's new album --which is probably fine with the people who are into hardcore nostalgia -the "just gimme the hits people."

Jeez, it seems like I have it in for the guy, but really, I don't. Others are looking forward to the show. They're bigger, probably smarter music fans than me. I'm glad they're getting something they want. Somebody should.

No comments:

Post a Comment