Monday, April 13, 2009

Apologies...

For whatever reason, blogspot isn't sending me the comments. I'm not ignoring anyone. I guess I'll have to monitor this blog a little more closely.

I was out a bit last week (and a bit distracted), which kept me from updating --plus this is a new place to play. I'm still getting used to coming here. Growing pains. Sorry.

Meanwhile, there hasn't been a lot shaking with the summer concert season. The Booker T show is down to 984 tickets for sale. Dokken is still coming to Huntington, but Julianne Hough has been postponed.

I'm also working on a lot of interviews and looking forward to seeing if the folks across the hall got Neko Case. Doesn't she look cool posed on top of the car with the sword? It's kinda like Wendy O Williams in that women's prison movie I saw on the USA Channel back when I used to stay up all night drinking cheap rum.

Case (not Williams, who is "el morte") is in town next week. I, rest assured, did not speak with Case. E-mails and calls sent to her representatives were not returned or replied. There is no indication they registered on her radar, which is unusual. Usually, getting a female artist on the phone is easier than their male counterparts --even at her exalted level. Undoubtedly, she's busy. Probably, she's thinking about having yard sales and what brand of tomato to plant in her garden.

Best of luck with that.

The show is next Wednesday night, a special Mountain Stage on Wednesday night. People should go. We'll probably send a reviewer. I'm not sure if it will be me. "Lost" is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment