Thursday, April 30, 2009

Funny

One of the funniest things about the music/entertainment writing gig is almost nobody understands the title. This is why I came up with the descriptive phrase, "I talk to a lot of burned out bass players and former celebrities." It helps, but most of the time people sort of forget and everything else I say is rendered as gibberish.

"Did you hear there's a new Jesco White movie?"

"Sure, I talked to the director and to one of the locals involved with the production," I say. "I got death threats from The Whites. Funny stuff. I saw the trailer, but it's not what the director told me it was going to be, you know?"

"So, like there's this really weird trailer," she says. "It's on Jackass's website."

"Right," I say. "Johnny Knoxville is producing it."

Ignoring the words coming out of my mouth, she says, "You ought to check it out. Maybe there's a story there."

I nod.

"You ever seen Mountain Stage?" she asks. "It's awesome."

No comments:

Post a Comment