Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Still No.

Got a note from Conor Oberst's agent. I contacted him about the same time I hit the publicist. Some publicists are little more than secretaries and mostly just do whatever the artist tells them. Others wield the power cosmic and control some of the artist's time. It all depends on the artist and the agency.

Anyway, he replied to my earlier query and said he was sending it along to the p.r. people, though he didn't know if Conor was doing interviews. This could, again, be the set-up to offer me the banjo picker, the bass player or the castanet player.

So, I sent a note back saying I'd been in contact with somebody from publicity last week. They made a "kind" offer on a substitute, but I declined since it didn't fit in with what we were doing. Again, they can kiss my ass. Mr. Oberst is a singer/songwriter. He ought to be doing his own publicity and not farming it out to the hired help.

I like his songs, but I have little sympathy for his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment