Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Breaks my heart...

Looks like Miley Cyrus won't be coming this way for her new tour. Tough break kids. On the upside, there will be some people dressed up like Dora the Explorer in a couple of weeks. That's almost as good, right?

The civic center makes me weep. I heard ages ago Tri-State Gaming was going to build an amphitheater, but I haven't heard anything about it in probably a year. If they're going to do it, I wish they'd go ahead and build. Pretty obviously the civic center doesn't really want to book concerts. They'd rather stick to trade shows and high school reunions, which I'm sure are both profitable and easy to coordinate, but duller than shit for anybody who isn't in the replacement dental appliance field or the laminated wood products industry.

I think I need to check on that.

2 comments:

  1. YES! I remember that too!

    IIRC, it was all contingent on the table games bill passing. They were going to build a big auditorium, of enough size and advanced enough to attract 'names', plus a honking big hotel to go with it. On top of that, it was supposed to create something like an extra 200 full time jobs, not to mention the construction employment.

    Oh well. The drawings looked nice at least. Not sure what happened. Maybe it was just a bait and switch to pass the bill. If I could have voted, I would have done so on the promise of some local progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The auditorium proposal was deliberately scaled back after a request by Danny "Jackass" Jones.
    It'll be a miracle if it's built now

    ReplyDelete